September 07, 2013

mini makeover > thrift store wreath

Our front door has never really been naked in the three years that we've owned our humble home. And by naked, I mean wreath-less. Just add this to my list of quirks: I strongly believe in curb appeal and accessorizing your front door (consider a wreath the equivalent of a great statement necklace?).

I've rotated a few wreaths that I've bought, made, and rescued over the years; this is my latest victim...




I recently found this wreath at the local MCC thrift shop for four bucks... enormous bow included. I saw past the bow and knew it was a prime candidate for some spray paint lovin'.

(This may not be the first mini makeover that this wreath receives - I can see it being a wreath of all seasons with a fresh coat in a different colour, depending on the holiday season...)






Total Cost:

Wreath = $4.00 (local MCC Thrift Shop)
Spray paint = free (leftover from a mirror makeover // Rustoleum Painter's Touch in Green Apple)
Total = $4.00


No comments:

Post a Comment